Thursday, March 1, 2012

Sunburst Mirror!

I have been seeing these sunburst mirrors pop up all over blogland and have been wanting to make one.  There are definitely many different variations out there but I liked this tutorial the best.  It seemed simple enough for me to do.

http://www.designsponge.com/2011/05/diy-project-clothespin-mirror.html

Here's my supply list:
7" mirror (from Michael's) (2.99)
7" round plywood (also from Michael's) (2 at .59 each)
sawtooth picture hanger (1.99) (package came with 3)
clothespins (.99) (got 3 from dollar store)

And ta da!  I decided to spray paint the clothespins black.  One mistake I made was not spray painting the underside of the clothespin where it would glue to the mirror...you can see that when you look closely.  This mirror is now hanging over my computer desk.  Love it!




No comments:

Post a Comment