Friday, October 26, 2012

Tragedy

Just today I read a tremendously tragic story.  You can read it here.  A nanny who was watching a 2 year-old and a 6-year-old in New York City, stabbed and killed both the children.  The mother, who had taken her 3 year-old for a swim lesson came home to find her other two children dead and the nanny, still alive, with self-inflicted knife wounds.   The nanny was a 50 year-old woman.  As I read this article, I cried for these children.  I cried for the parents of these 2 kids, 2 very small kids, that are now gone.  These parents are now facing unimaginable pain, grief, sorrow, anger, hatred....a myriad of emotions that no one can comprehend.  I know what it's like to lose a child...while still in my womb.  I can't imagine the pain of losing your child who is still young.  What came to my mind was that if this woman knew Jesus, she would not have done such a thing.  Oh, how the world needs Jesus!  Lord, heal our land.  Heal our people, they so desperately need you, your love, your grace, your mercy, your gift of eternal salvation.  We are all hurting people, in some way or another.  Without the love and grace of our Lord, how can we deal with life's trials and tribulations?  Only He can give us the grace we need.  Only He can give us comfort and peace in our hearts.  I don't know why this woman decided to do this.  I pray for this family that God can comfort them, mend them, heal their wounds and lessen their hurts. Only He is our ultimate healer.

No comments:

Post a Comment