Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Faux Coral

Check out this tutorial here.  I haven't really paid much attention to the pet section at Walmart but now I have a reason to visit that aisle.  If you've read my earlier posts, I love beachy stuff.  I have a small guest bathroom with a beachy theme and thought this coral might add very nicely to my theme.  I already have several beachy stuff there.


This was a very simple project.  Grab a candlestick from the dollar store.  Glue it onto a vase.  I had this vase laying around in my closet.  (I actually collect any and all kinds of vases from whatever flower arrangements I receive.)   You then fill it with whatever you'd like.  I filled it with sea shells collected from our beach trips.



These are clam shells that a friend collected up north.  These gorgeous shells were sitting in their garage and they were trying to get rid of it!  I grabbed a few and it now hangs pretty in my bathroom.

And now I will have to visit Walmart to make these coral beauties.  And maybe even the starfish.  Those are also quite gorgeous.  I will update with photos soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment